Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thumbs Up Cola THUMSUP

Thumbs Up Cola.
I came across this Indian soda and was intrigued by it. Its comes in a glass bottle, and most of them looked like they probably have been around. It's a 330ml drink (that 11.55 oz), and looking at the manufacture date, it was made 1 year ago. Says "best if drunk within 6 months". I looked for a bottle that was under six months, no avail. I took this one anyway. The bottle itself is an ice design, with a nice geometric shape around the torso. The printed thumbs up makes me think this is something from 1980 though.
Opening was not easy. most of the bottle caps I have come across twist off but not this one. I had to hunt for a bottle opener. I got it off finally. Ready to take my first sip. I was surprised that the drink was still fizzy.Veryy fizzy. I guess that says something about glass bottles. A plastic bottle drink would be ultra flat after all this time.
The drink itself, the best way to describe it is curry cola. not joke, I fell like there are curry spices in the soda. its pretty good though. I had someone else try it and they liked it. It's a power punch to the tongue with a cheap soda after taste.
Only cost me $1, and having it shipped from india, the price is quite nice. Though in india it actually costs about 20 cents retail so there is still a fat profit for the importer.
Its 110 calories for the entire bottle, making it much lighter than american sodas. Almost 25% lighter. It is made of high fructose corn syrup and sugar.
Would recommend to try.


***wait a minute
I just noticed its called THUMSUP not THUMBS UP! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment