Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NOS High performance energy Drink

NOS. Say the name and car fans all over will associate the name with big blue bottles of nitrous dioxide, with orange tops.


As a fan of the Fast and Furious movie, I have seen countless images of Vin Diesel holding a bottle of NOS to soup up his race car. Lo and behold NOS, very popular in the car enthusiasts world has come out with a drink whose bottle version imitates their actual nitrous bottles. The bottle is a nice blue shape and the cap is a star shaped item that looks like a valve. The gimmick is too much! It is awesome! The price tag was $3 for this 22oz drink. As far as energy drinks go it's quite reasonable, as they are all in that ball park. Since I don’t drink energy drinks on a normal basis, I held out getting this bottle until now. Now I can add it to a collection!.

As I opened the cap the hiss of the carbonation was pretty loud. I think I could see it rise! But then I started to smell it, it stinks! It’s like sniffing vitamins. so i dared to take a sip. Not bad. It tastes like any other energy drink. It is likeable. Each sip is more pleasant, but the after taste is kind of weird, leaving a dryness in the mouth. I think for someone who hasn’t tried energy drinks, they would not be pleased at all. There is a tanginess that you have to overcome, and the taste of vitamins in your mouth is also a slight hurdle.
As for someone who has drank many energy drinks, that taste was not bad. not at all. Would I buy it again? Maybe.. but not for the drink itself. It’s on par with other energy drinks for the price/size but the drink doesn’t stand out as special. What I would buy it for is the bottle. That is too cool. The novelty itself of the bottle is worth buying at least one. Would I get the can version... Only if it is cheap enough.

Verdict: Any fast and furious fans should definitely pick one up. Others, might want to hold off.

As for the bottle it can make a great decoration or water bottle!

**update* had someone try it who loves Redbulls and other energy drinks and they were very happy with NOS. Speaking of Red Bull I'm going to try to get the Thai version of it.

1 comment:

  1. It definitely does not taste like every other energy drink. I doubt you actually drink others since they are all the same. I love monster and nos. I've had c4, venom, redbull, full throttle, fleeb juice, Rick's love potion, 5 hour energy, Duff, and a few more. I haven't had any that taste the same.

    ReplyDelete