Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ramune melon flavor

This ramune is imported by hadson of Maspeth ny. It was about $1.50 and 200ml. The label is different but it's the same ramune bottle as before. Popping the top was very easy this time, as there was no surprise. The picture is with a half drunk ramune since I was showing someone how it works before I took the pic. Glad a cheaper version was found. It's the same ramune, just different importer. The label says only 70 cals for the bottle.

The flavor once again reminds me of carbonated sugar drinks. The hint of melon isn’t bad, but there is a weird taste. Almost bitter, slightly. Once again the wow factor is not in the drink but in the bottle itself. It's a cool discussion piece, but as far as the actual drinks go, ramune isn’t anything special. I find myself drinking the
bottle because it's open and you can’t close it, not because it's yummy. One thing I found was that if you suck it backwards, you can get the marble stuck again. lol!

I would buy again, but again, only for the bottle novelty.

Verdict: A good conversation piece, not that great as a drink.
2 stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment