Friday, March 25, 2011

Carabao energy drink

I was reading that this is a competitor to the Thai version of red bull. The carabao is a water buffalo or something, and because they are tough. The drink has some weird ingredients... like nicotinamide. Yes nicotine! Along with the regular taurine, caffeine, etc. Given the nocotine, I was slightly hesitant to drinking it, but given that Thai drivers supposedly drink several ans a day, i figured one should be ok.

On to the drink. It came out tasting more like a sweet soda. The color was a nice orange and there was no unpleasant smell. It kind of burned the esophagus so I gave it to someone else to finish. I mean, a drink shouldn't burn your esophagus right?

I think the 8.5oz (250ml) can is more then enough for a person. Smelling the can again, it is sort of mediciny, but it didn't taste that way. 150 cals for such a little bottle, no wonder it was so sweet.

Verdict:
I would try another one but I wouldn't go out of my way. I liked the taste, it was very nice, but not the burn.
2 stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment